Tuesday 3 September 2013

Shellac- 'Cake Pop' from the spring collection

Without flash
without flash


with flash
About the colour
It really is just a lovely shade of pastel blue toned baby pink, it is very opaque and creamy looking with no shimmer, glitter, etc, I think its perfect for spring and summer and I always think of easter eggs when I wear this colour :)
I personally love it, it goes nicely with my very pale skin, and on darker skin tones I think it looks lovely, just like a variation of the white nail trend thats going about.

Application
The application is nice, it is a little bit runnier then I like (and runnier then most other shellac colours) which makes application a little harder as it tends to flood the cuticles easier and it also bubbles easier if you have it even the tiniest bit too thick.
It also isnt the most opaque colour iv seen, the photos are with 2 coats however if I had more time when i was doing these I defiantly would of added a third coat! and would recommend a third coat to anyone out there.

Final thoughts?
I love the colour on both fair and dark skin tones, its a perfect colour for spring and summer, however it takes a little more patients to apply to stop it running and bubbling, and it needs a third coat to make it look flawless.

No comments:

Post a Comment