Thursday 5 September 2013

Review- Elemis Pro-radiance cream cleanser




What is it?
It is an anti ageing cleanser that gently dissolves makeup and dirt without drying out the skin, whilst purifying oily areas.

Important ingrediants:
Moringa- Great antioxidant to keep the skin protect from pollutants we encounter through the day, which can cause skins ageing.

Assai Palm fruit- helps to reduces the appearance of redness.

Great burdock- helps to regulate the skins sebum (oil) production, so it doesnt dry out dryer areas but helps control and purify your oily zones.

Noni- Nourishes the skin, helping to soften and relax lines and wrinkles.

How to use:
I personally use this at night, as you massage it in and then leave it for 2-3 mins just to let it work and devolve makeup so I like to have a little extra time. then you just wipe off with a flannel and tone as usual. You can use it in the morning as well though.

Texture and smell:
The texture is very thick and slippery (almost waxy) between your fingers, I personally like the texture as I have normal-dry skin, if you have more of an oilier skin the texture may put you off.
It smells ok, I can defiantly smell lavender (which I dont particularly like) and patchouli, its very herby smelling and therefore doesnt smell like your typical Elemis facial product.

What did I think?
I really like this, its really good at removing makeup, due to the oily/waxy texture, it makes that makeup melt right off! It leaves my skin feeling really nice and soft after use and leaves a silky residue on my skin, my face looks instantly healthier with a nice dewy glow.




Is it right for your skin? 

Dry/Dehydrated-If you are concerned with lines and wrinkles and you suffer from very dry and dehydrated skin then I think you will love it, it feels like it is really giving your skin a drink, and your skin feels silky with a slight moisturising layer left behind even after toning. However you may want to look at the Elemis Pro collagen cleansing balm instead.

Combination skin- If you are concerned about anti ageing and find you have dehydrated patches but still find you sometimes get an oily chin etc when your hormones play up, I think this will be great for you, as it really leaves your skin feeling hydrated but the great burdock will help control that oil.

Oily skin- I dont think this will be the cleanser for you, as I said it does feel very slippy between the fingers and after use it does leave a silky film, I also find it gives my skin a dewy glow. all these things might put a person with an oily skin off the product.

Sensitive- I think this will be fine, Elemis products are very good when it comes to not putting 'nasty' ingredients in, also if you suffer from redness the palm fruit will really help to calm this down. The fact the you apply and leave it to dissolve makeup is good as well as it means you do not need to sit and rub your skin, which may cause your skins sensitivity to flare up.

No comments:

Post a Comment