Thursday 19 September 2013

Review- Elemis Absolute eye serum.



What is it?
A light and dynamic eye serum to decongest, and counteract dullness and puffiness.

Important ingredients:
Absolute of osmathus- this is rich in plant collagen so it helps to support and preserve the delicate eye tissue.

Rosewood essential oil:
This helps stimulate cell regeneration, therefore helps prevent and soften fine lines and wrinkles.

Chamomile essential oil:
This is a natural anti inflammatory, therefore it helps reduce puffiness and dark circles.

How to use:
You apply it around the eye area where your socket bone is and over the eyebrow bone, you do not apply it on the eyelid on the upper or lower, applying eye creams too close to the eye can actually cause puffiness and irritation.
You only need 1 drop (it says 2 but 1s more then enough) and using your middle or ring finger gently tap it around the eye socket.
Younger uses can use it on its own but more mature ladies should use this first then layer it with a richer cream such as the pro collagen eye renewal.
You apply in in the morning and at night before your moisturiser.



Texture and smell:
The texture is very light and watery, it feels like a slightly thicker almost slimy water, a tiny bit spreads forever! It is very weightless and very light and refreshing when applied, it almost has a cooling feeling which is nice when my eyes feel slightly irritated or tired.
You can't smell anything when applied and the product itself does not smell of much, I can smell the rosewood slightly though.
















What do I think?
I always find it difficult to review eye creams as I think there more a prevention product rather then a instant results product.
I havent found the dark circles are any better however I do have very late nights and gene wise my family have dark circles, so it's hard for me to judge.
I have found that my eyes are not as puffy or irritated in the morning when I wake up, when I apply it in the morning it also makes me feel very awake and refreshed :)
I do think that my makeup sits better around my eye area now, it doesn't slip and slide around.

Who is this right for?
Someone younger that wants to prevent crows feet, that are concerned with puffiness and who maybe gets an irritated eye area, and who is concerned with dull dehydrated under eyes.
If you are a mature lady who wants to step up your eye care routine, you can use this serum underneath your richer eye cream to give yourself an extra lift in your later years :)


No comments:

Post a Comment