Monday 29 July 2013

Review- Revlon Nearly Naked foundation!

"Makeup so refreshingly light, it melts right in, creating a fresh even look. So the only one that knows you are wearing makeup is you. Blends seamlessly, buildable coverage."- Revlon website.

I bought this as my summer foundation as I love my colorstay and my double wear but i find them too thick and heavy for summer, I wanted something that is nice and thin and light on the skin but would give more coverage then a tinted moisturiser. As an extra benefit it also has a broad spectrum SPF20 which I thought would be perfect for summer (broad spectrum meaning it provides protection to UVA and UVB rays)
Rounding everything up I like it! Its easy to apply, I like the way it feels on my skin, its nice and light feeling with still a decent light-medium coverage, it has a nice dewy finish and sits well on my skin and has good staying powder. More detailed review below :)


Packaging:
 It is very simple but sturdy glass bottle with no pump, the lid clicks when it is screwed on fully so you know its shut securely  the bottle is a nice size with no unneeded lumps or bumps. The absence of a pump doesn't bother me, all I do is put my finger over the opening, turn the bottle upside down then the right way up again and it leaves a nice amount on my finger :) I use 5 on these to cover my face :)

Colour:
 Colour is always hard for me im very pale and most cheaper foundations are all ways to dark (I cant use the lightest shades in rimmel or bourjois) but the shade Ivory (lightest shade available) is perfect for me. It has 10 shades so rather a large range compared to most cheaper end foundations! 

Texture:
 the texture of the foundation is very liquidy, it is thicker then MACs face and body, but thinner then most, its also a creamy texture rather then a gel or moose texture.

How it applies:
 I have tried this with a 187 stippling brush, the result was nice but you seemed to have to use loads of product and the coverage was light.
I used my fingers and I found it impossible to blend! it just kept streaking and it didnt seem to sink into my skin and it looked very uneven.
I love this product using the beauty blender! (well my tear shaped beauty sponge off ebay should I say) it goes on and blends so so easy with this, and the coverage is more medium and it gives a lovely dewy glow!

Look and Staying power:
 After applying with my beauty blender sponge, it looks really smooth even and flawless with a medium coverage, it is dewy without looking oily (it has no shimmer particles in btw!) and it feels nice and light on the skin!
I do powder my under eyes, nose, and cheeks lightly and I find this foundation lasts really well, it lasts me all day at work (9hrs) and still looks good even after that! In hotter climates (when I was on holiday) I applied it in the morning (about 8am) and by about 5 it was looking a bit tired and sweaty, so I would reapply it for evening.




before and after
just foundation
no concealer.















This is it as full face with bronzer blush etc, its also with camera flash so you can see that there isnt that really obvious SPF white glare you sometimes get :)

Final thoughts:
I would recommend this to any one who wants a light to medium coverage foundation, who likes a dewy finish and has a dry to normal combination skin.
Pros: good shade range, easy to apply, SPF20, long lasting, natural looking.
Cons: needs to be reapplied quicker in hotter climates, doesnt do a great job of covering open pores.





No comments:

Post a Comment