Monday 29 July 2013

Review- MAC Mineralize Skin finish in Lightscapade


the colour is 'Lightscapade' and its the lightest colour at the time of purchase.
This photo is off MACs UK website.

This is my own photo.
So you can see the first thing I would like to address is the colour, I know that not everyone is going to be the same, but I was rather disappointed when I took it out of the box and it was the colour shown above (no its not the lighting it really is that orangey!) There is hardly any of the blue in mine and even less of the pink! :( mine is basically the opposite to the swatch! lots of cream and orange and hardly any blue and pink! Not impressed, I should of took it back and exchanged it, but I wanted to use it too badly! (im too impatient) However after a few uses more of the pink and blue is coming through, however its still hugely different to MACs swatch!


Used as a highlighter:


This is beautiful! it gives a real illuminosity without the glitter particles just  subtle shimmer particles that you can only see very close up You need to use it sparingly on only the high points of the face as it is very pigmented so you want to avoid applying it in harsh lines and make sure the edges are nice and blended! It is more silvery then gold so it is better for pale skins.
it does transfer so if you take a phone call you might find your screen is all highlighted as well! However I find it stays put really well and lasts all day without slipping and sliding around :)



Used as an all over powder:

Applied sparingly with a stippling brush. I wouldn't recommend it, I like a dewy finish but this is just too much, it gives as almost wet look to the skin in bright lights, so it can make you look very oily.







Final thoughts:

Pros:Would recommend for pale skins to use as a highlighter, very pigmented, lasts for ages, nice packaging, stays well on the skin.
Cons: Transfers easily, cant be used as a full face powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment